- Practice Areas
- Our Locations
- Presidential Executive Action On Immigration
- Practice Areas
- Our Locations
- Presidential Executive Action On Immigration
U.S. Citizenship Attorney
U.S. Citizenship Attorney in Orange, CA
At Commonwealth Law Group - Immigration Attorneys, we assist individuals in obtaining United States citizenship through what is known as the Naturalization process. Becoming a U.S. Naturalized Citizenship is a huge milestone in one’s life, and we can ensure that your case is processed with the utmost care.
Filing your U.S. Naturalization with an Attorney here at Commonwealth Law Group - Immigration Attorneys gives you the following benefits:
- Professional and Streamlined Filing of Your Naturalization Packet
- We provide you with a step-by-step checklist of what you require
- We conduct several Pre-Interviews before your actual Citizenship Interview
- We prepare you for the typical Civics Questions on the Test
- We represent you at the Citizenship Interview and attend the appointment by your side.
How do I know if I qualify for Citizenship?
In order to become a U.S. Naturalized Citizen, you should:
- Be a lawful permanent resident for at least five years or three years if you obtained your green card by marriage
- Must have basic knowledge of the English language, ability to read, write and speak
- Must learn a portion of the U.S Civics Questions (we assist you in this process)
- Must be of person of good moral character (no crimes involving moral turpitude)
If you are a Green Card Holder - Why it is important to become a Naturalized U.S. Citizen?
Once you become a U.S. Naturalized Citizen, you will be able to rid yourself of the green card restrictions from Immigration and live life as a Citizen.
- A Green Card is only temporary, and you must renew your residency prior to the expiration date (typically 2 years, 10 years) This is why there is an expiration date on your card.
- A U.S. Green Cards can be revoked by the U.S.;
- A crime of 20 years ago (and today) can place you in Deportation Proceedings;
- A U.S. Green Card Holder can be detained at a U.S. border and refused entry into the U.S. as a result of a Presidential Executive Action (On January 27, 2017, President Donald Trump issued an Executive Order preventing many green card holders (from Muslim Countries) from entering the U.S. for potentially 90 days;
Biggest Misconception - U.S. Permanent Residency is Forever
Most green card holders are under the impression that U.S. Residency is forever, and they can simply keep renewing their green cards. This is false.
A Green Card is a privilege from the U.S. - NOT A RIGHT.
As a firm who deals with complex immigration deportation cases, we know firsthand that a U.S. Green Card Holder can be deported from the U.S. under certain circumstances.
A green card holder may be deported or unknowingly abandon their residency for the following reasons:
- Being outside of the U.S. for more than 6 months out of a year
- Be convicted of a crime - a crime involving moral turpitude (no matter when the crime occurred)
- Being convicted of fraud
What if I Have a Criminal Conviction from the past?Immediately Protect Yourself!
If you have a criminal conviction (i.e. drugs, domestic violence, theft, fraud, fraud, etc) on your record, it does not automatically disqualify you from applying for U.S. Citizenship. Unfortunately, we have seen firsthand that the longer you delay seeking immigration advice, the more difficult your case can become and create more issues down the road.
You may be able to qualify for U.S. Naturalization, depending on:
- The type of crime;
- When the crime occurred;
- Length of time as a U.S. Green Card Holder;
- Rehabilitation after the crime;
- Expungement your Criminal Records;
- If you received: Diversion, Prop 36, DEJ,
What if my U.S. Citizenship is already denied?
At Commonwealth Law Group - Immigration Attorneys, we handle many cases who receive denials prior to obtaining our services. You may have options, and we can assist you with:
- Appeals of denials of Citizenship
- Request for Re-Hearing or Re-Evaluation
- Re-Applying for Naturalization
CONTACT THE U.S. CITIZENSHIP & NATURALIZATION ATTORNEY
We offer you over 30 yours of Combined Experience – CALL US TODAY
grate lawyers. very efficient, helping me process my green card, and legal status.
Joe Luna really helped us with an issue we had with Canada. Gave us sound advice and we really appreciated his helpfulness. Would highly recommend his practice.
Quiero dar gracias a al abogado Joe Luna , es muy profesional el me aludo a hacer mi ciudadanía en menos de 6meses fue muy fácil, mi entrevista fue muy fácil y rápida el estuvo presente conmigo durante la entrevista. Gracias
A million Thanks to Commonwealth Law Group!
A million Thanks to Commonwealth Law Group, in behalf of my wife and myself, in resolving my Immigration issues, now i can sleep well and put everything behind. Once again a big thank you for your help Sincerely PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Professional and honest Immigration Lawyers.
I had a very complicated immigration case and at times it looked like my dream of holding a Green Card was an impossible dream. But the attorney team of CLG never gave up on my case and kept on pushing it forward. They know every immigration law in the book and they will fight for you until the issue is resolved. Now I have my Green Card and I was able to visit my family for the first time in many years. Thank you, CLG team!
Best experience I've ever had by far. They really care about the situation your in and give great attention to the matter. Really put my faith in these guys and they delivered thank you guys!
Everyone was very helpful, friendly and professional in handling my file.
My family is together thanks to Commonwealth Law Group!!
I contacted Commonwealth law group after my husband was deported. They immediately met with me and started working on my husband's case.I am extremely satisfied with there work they understood what me and my family was going thru and helped me in every way possible, needless to say we have been reunited my. Husband is home and we couldn't be happier thank you so much to the entire staff of Commonwealth Law Group
I highly recommend this law group they never left me alone during my process of DACA ,they told me everything I need it since the beginning of my process answering every question I had about this process.
Permanent Resident Card
Found them after doing some researches online, me and my husband went here as soon as it was made legally possible for a gay couple to get married. I was born and raised in another country, but I was here in the States LEGALLY. They seemed knowledgeable on procedures and steps to take, our case was not complex as might some others could be. Every step we took was right, from the beginning to the final interview, except a really minor mistake when first filed the papers. Another minor thing I was not terribly happy about was their timing in answering when u had a question or something u might could have needed, but it seems reasonable when u also consider the amount of cases they had in that period. Services fees are on the high end, but you get what u pay for.
I now have my Green Card!
I cant say enough about my attorneys. I had been to 2 different attorneys who messed up my case. It had taken about 7 years in trying to get my papers. So everyone was telling me that nothing could be done and basically I had to live without any protection until I was deported. So a friend recommended me to this office and they actually spent time learning my case before they even charged me. When they called me back and told me that they could help, I didnt believe it. But I had heard they were really good and so I went with this office. Right away they started working on my case and fixing what the other attorneys had done. Finaly, after a year with my new attorneys, they fixed everything and they got my green card!. I couddnt believe it and I started crying. My whole life I have been waiting for this moment. It was like my dreams had come true that day. I want to especially thank all of the workers at the office who helped with when I had questions. Thank you Thank Thank You
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 6:00pm|